Sunday, July 25, 2010

welcome to the fifties, ladies.

Good grief, if there's anyone who's glad that the days of short, tight, and 'little left to the imagination' coming to an end, it's me. For one, it's never been attractive on me (I can't really pull off tough or biker girl), and two, the fifties were just so chic. I mean, full skirts, high-waisted silhouettes, belts... It's so classy.

Enjoy the pictures.

This is a super wonderful Vogue photo-story, featuring Natalia Vodianova and Ewan McGregor...

All photos courtesy of Vogue.

And costumes from "Hairspray" (2007). Even though the movie takes place in the early sixties, the costumes are still reminiscent of the good ol' days.
Oh, lordy. I want a Homecoming dress like Amber's.
Photos courtesy of Google Images.

And these! Cardigans, full skirts, soft prints, oh my!
Photos courtesy of Daily Mail.

It's time to break out the cardigans and ruffles. Feminine is finally back in style!

Blog post ending here.

1 comment:

  1. yeah, the fifties rock :) I like Ewan McGregor on the Vogue photos. (It is him, right? :) )
    Check out my blog..:)
    -P.
    bowtiediary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete